Common buckwheat was domesticated and first cultivated in inland Southeast Asia and from there spread to Central Asia and Tibet, and then to the Middle East and Europe. Domestication most likely took place in the western Yunnan region of China.
As buckwheat contains no gluten, it may be eaten by people with gluten-related disorders, such as celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity or dermatitis herpetiformis. Nevertheless, buckwheat may have gluten contamination.
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
Roasted buckwheat makes these vegan stuffed peppers a hearty-tasting dish! Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan. Serve with hot spaghetti sauce, if desired.
Buckwheat and Bacon Side Dish
This alternative to rice pairs buckwheat with bacon to create a meaty-tasting side dish.
Kuttu Ka Dosa
A crispy dosa recipe, where the batter is made using buckwheat flour and colocasia, and it's filled with a delicious potato mix. Great alternative to deep fried kuttu puris. Serve with coconut and tomato chutney along with a bowl full of sambhar.
A traditional Middle East salad, Tabbouleh is a mix of healthy veggies tossed with tangy lemon juice and olive oil. This tabbouleh recipe has goodness of buckwheat in abundance, mixed with vegetables. Packed with delicious flavours and nutrients, this buckwheat tabbouleh is great for a mid day meal.
Cajun Veggie Burgers with Kasha
This Cajun veggie burger recipe is a great option for a quick dinner, and with fast-cooking kasha (buckwheat) as the base, your meal will be ready in no time. Veggie burgers make for fun vegan recipes because once you make them, there are so many options for eating them! On a bun, on some greens, under a pickle and a tomato, with some home-baked french fries
Gluten-Free Buckwheat, Asparagus, and Pesto Salad
This light salad can be served warm or cold. This is an excellent side dish for grilled or steamed fish.
Protein and various minerals and antioxidants are also present.
The nutrition facts for 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of raw buckwheat are (1Trusted Source):
- Calories: 343
- Water: 10%
- Protein: 13.3 grams
- Carbs: 71.5 grams
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fiber: 10 grams
- Fat: 3.4 grams
- Manganese. Found in high amounts in whole grains, manganese is essential for healthy metabolism, growth, development, and your body's antioxidant defenses.
- Copper. Often lacking in the Western diet, copper is an essential trace element that may benefit heart health when eaten in small amounts.
- Magnesium. When present in sufficient amounts in your diet, this essential mineral may lower your risk of various chronic conditions, such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Iron. Deficiency in this important mineral leads to anemia, a condition characterized by reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of your blood.
- Phosphorus. This mineral plays an essential role in the growth and maintenance of body tissues.
- Compared to other grains, the minerals in cooked buckwheat groats are particularly well absorbed.
Now you can buy buckwheat at our online store with delivery to the U.S. and around the world.
Affordable price and excellent quality of Russian buckwheat you will be able to appreciate the whole family and your guests!
This is the first time I tried eating buckwheat. I enjoyed it very much.
It's a great buckwheat, but why is itso expensive?
Buckwheat looks very good. Package arrived very very fast. Thank you!
The package was broken. Is it even safe to eat it?
Great delivery. Great product. I was referred to your store by my Moldovan girl friend....she was absolutely correct.