Dried Rosemary, 0.015 lb/ 7g
Rosemary is a powerful herb that originates from the Mediterranean region. Its name has been derived from the Latin "ros marinus", which means "dew of the sea", due to the fact that it was first seen growing along the Mediterranean coastline.
Rosemary has been used for thousands of years in cooking and in medicine and it is famed for its ability to stimulate the mind, enhance the memory and improve concentration.
Rosemary is typically used as a seasoning for lamb and pork dishes but there are also plenty of other wonderful possibilities on how to cook with rosemary.
Below are a number of ideas.
- Use to make homemade stuffing.
- Add to soups to flavour.
- Mix with garlic and use as a seasoning for lamb or chicken.
- Add to melted butter and pour over boiled potatoes and vegetables.
- Add chopped rosemary to an omelette, scrambled eggs or a frittata.
- Wrap rosemary leaves around pieces of chicken, pork or lamb and roast.
- Use to season roast fish. Add to tomato-based sauces and soups.
- Add to olive oil and served on toasted bread.
- Use to flavour homemade breads and biscuits.
- Add to lentils, beans or stews.